Fellowship Opportunity: Global Health and Research Fellowship
Ustawi Research Institute Global Health and Research Fellowship Programs
URI Fellowship for Globalization of Health Care
Ustawi Research Institute (URI) invites applications for the URI Fellowship for Globalization of Healthcare. The URI Fellowship for Globalization of Healthcare will help you increase your knowledge in design, development and implementation of sustainable health services organizations (HSOs) in emerging and frontier markets (E&FMs). In addition, you will play a critical role in establishment of world-class HSOs in E&FMs.
This Fellowship affords you experience in design, development and implementation of HSOs. Key activities include:
- library research
- systematic review of literature
- production of project documents
Key skills acquired include:
- design of health systems for globalization of health care
- design of qualitative research
- design of quantitative research
- design of sustainable global enterprise
Key outcomes will include understanding of:
- globalization of health care
- global social responsibility
- corporate social responsibility
- strategies for market creation in the E&FMs
Current Projects [As a Fellow you participate in all the three projects at various levels.]
- Design, development and implementation of world class kidney medical clinics and dialysis centers in Kenya
- Design, development and implementation of world class health services in Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
- Design, development and implementation of world class health services in Misrata, Libya
Your responsibility will be to conduct library research, and to write content from the review of scholarly literature. In addition, you will participate in teams working on the design of enterprises for globalization of health and medicine.
Marketing duties may include developing our community presence. Familiarity with networking sites, such as LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Twitter, and Facebook is important. You must be competent with the Internet and familiar with the worldwide web.
We are looking for learners who want to make a difference in health care in the E&FMs and are passionate about learning, research and writing. Although this position requires good skills in writing and research, we are willing to help you improve your skills in these domains.
ONLINE at www.ustawi.net
College Credit and Certificate from the Ustawi Research Institute
How to apply
To apply for URI Fellowship for Globalization of Health Care please email Dr. Macharia Waruingi at macharia@ kdnc.org